Re: need help with ftp options

From: Steven R. Shourds <srs_at_perfectionsoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:32:04 -0400

> On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Steven R. Shourds wrote:
>
> > curl -T (local-file-name) -u xyzuser:xyzpassword ftp://ftp.xyz.com
> >
> > I try it and get the following message : curl: (13) Odd return code
after
> > PASV
> >
> > I am not even issuing the other user and password so I need to know how
> > do that then do a put?
>
> Then:
>
> 1. Make sure you're using a recent version of curl (preferably 7.10.6)
F:\Tech\cURL>curl -V
curl 7.10.6 (win32) libcurl/7.10.6 zlib/1.1.4
Protocols: ftp gopher telnet dict ldap http file
Features: libz

> 2. Append the -v option to the commanda line
>
> 3. Show us the FTP command/response sequence that takes place all the way
> until it exits with the error message (edit out sensitive data).
>
> --
> Daniel Stenberg -- curl: been grokking URLs since 1998

F:\Tech\cURL>curl -T testit.txt -u xyzuser:xyzpassword ftp.xyz.com -v
* About to connect() to ftp.xyz.com:21
* Connected to ftp.xyz.com (x.x.x.x) port 21
< 220-
< ********************************* WARNING ************
< This system is for use by authorized users
< ******************************************************
78 ******************************************************
< 220 Proxy first requires authentication
> USER userxyz
< 331 Enter authentication password for userxyz
> PASS xyzpassword
< 230 User authenticated to proxy
* We have successfully logged in
> PWD
< 500 must be connected to remote server
> EPSV
< 500 command not understood
> PASV
< 500 must be connected to remote server
* Odd return code after PASV
* Connected the data stream with PASV!
curl: (13) Odd return code after PASV
* Closing connection #0