Re: Large file support compilation problems

From: Vladimír Trebický <trebicky_at_xhost.cz>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:37:57 +0200

> That message is explaining what configure is doing. It declared that is
does
> not need any "special C compiler options" for large file support.

> It seems you're all set to use large files. Now you only need to adjust
the
> source code to behave properly too.

Ok, but how? In addition, I have now this error:
gcc -O3 -march=athlon-xp -fomit-frame-pointer -fstrength-reduce -fschedule-i
nsns -o .libs/curl main.o hugehelp.o urlglob.o writeout.o writeenv.o
../lib/.libs/libcurl.so -ldl -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
hugehelp.o: In function `hugehelp':
hugehelp.o(.text+0x52): undefined reference to `inflateInit2_'
hugehelp.o(.text+0x7b): undefined reference to `inflate'
hugehelp.o(.text+0xb1): undefined reference to `inflateEnd'

Maybe adding --enable-largefiles to configure line helped...
I'm really confused now ;-)

> You have read the docs/KNOWN_BUGS about the 2GB limit, right?

Well, there is only one line:
* libcurl does not deal nicely with files larger than 2GB

and that is not relevant because I want only curl.

> --
> Daniel Stenberg -- curl: been grokking URLs since 1998

---
Odchozí zpráva mozná neobsahuje viry.