Text File Upload over HTTP with curl -F

From: Daniel F Reimann <dreimann_at_ratio.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 05:37:50 -0400

Hi everyone,

I am trying to upload a tab-separated text file over https to Amazon
with curl. I do use curl for a number of things, but this is the first
instance where I've had to use curl -F. I have searched for examples:
the example on the tutorial page is more simple than what I am doing
here and I searched in Google, I cannot get this thing to work. First,
let me describe the working environment, so we're all on the same page.
I am on a Cobalt RAQ 550 and I am using curl 7.10.3 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
libcurl/7.10.3 OpenSSL/0.9.6 zlib/1.1.4.
Getting to a certain point with curl, formfind.pl yields the following:

--- FORM report. Uses POST to URL
"/exec/panama/seller-admin/catalog-upload/catalog-upload-now"
--- type: multipart form upload [use -F]
Input: NAME="customer_id" (HIDDEN)
Select: NAME="FileType"
  Option VALUE="" (SELECTED)
  Option VALUE="TabDelimited"
  Option VALUE="UIEE"
[end of select]
Input: NAME="enable-expedited-shipping" VALUE="Y" (CHECKBOX)
Input: NAME="ListingProgram" VALUE="ProMerchant" (RADIO)
Input: NAME="ListingProgram" VALUE="HybridSDP" (RADIO)
Input: NAME="ListingProgram" VALUE="PureSDP" (RADIO)
Select: NAME="FileOperationType"
  Option VALUE="" (SELECTED)
  Option VALUE="AMD"
  Option VALUE="PR"
  Option VALUE="MD"
[end of select]
Input: NAME="UploadFileName" (FILE)
Button: "" (IMAGE)
--- end of FORM

and here's my curl line:

/usr/local/bin/curl -b /tmp/cookies.txt -c /tmp/cookies.txt -o
upload_3.html -A "Mozilla" -F UploadFileName=@/path/to/textfile.txt -F
"customer_id=" -F "FileType=TabDelimited" -F
"enable-expedited-shipping=Y" -F "ListingProgram=HybridSDP" -F
"FileOperationType=PR" -L
https://secure.amazon.com/exec/panama/seller-admin/catalog-upload/catalo
g-upload-now

Previous curl commands have already signed me in, as required, and all
of that works fine.

Is there something I am obviously missing?

Thanks in advance for you advice.

Best Regards,
Ratio Corp.,
Daniel F. Reimann