RE: curl-7.10.6-pre4

From: Roth, Kevin P. <KPRoth_at_MAPLLC.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 08:01:55 -0400

Thanks. I'll try adding that.

*However*, one of the points of supporting NTLM (for your windows clients anyways) is to *avoid* having to code usernames and passwords into our scripts. If curl fully supports NTLM, it should be able to use some kind of API calls to get the necessary information (I would hope anyways).

The secondary point, of course, is to support authenticating to a server (or through a proxy server) that only accepts NTLM-style credentials. That support I'm sure will be appreciated, but I was hoping for the first kind, mentioned above.

Has this been left out on purpose? Is there any discussion (on the lib-curl list perhaps) I could peruse to understand why?

(Before you ask, I have no idea HOW to implement this, so I can't be of any assistance in making this work better...)

- Kevin