Re: help with POSTing/vote stuffing freevote.com voting booths

From: Ralph Mitchell <rmitchell_at_eds.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 01:15:11 -0500

campaigner wrote:

>Right now, I'm using the following instruction on a
>command prompt: curl -m 3 -d
>"voterIDForm=actresses2003&vote-19109119=Vote"
>http://www.freevote.com/votingbooth?actresses2003

After taking a look at the form, I'd say your post variables ought to be:

    "id=actresses2003&vote-19109066=Vote"

but if it accepts the vote anyway, maybe it doesn't matter...

As for voting continuously, you'll need to run the above in a loop. If
you have a Unix-style shell handy, something like this should do the trick:

    #!/bin/bash
    votes=30000
    while [ "$votes" -gt "0" ]
    do
      curl -m 3 -d "id=actresses2003&vote-19109066=Vote" \
              http://www.freevote.com/votingbooth?actresses2003
      if [ "$?" -eq "28" ]; then
          # only count successful votes
          votes=`expr $votes - 1`
      fi
    done

Assuming zero time overhead (unlikely) and that every vote counts (also
unlikely), you'll get 28,800 votes per 24 hours, for each copy of the
script running.

Ralph Mitchell