help with POSTing/vote stuffing freevote.com voting booths

From: campaigner <newcampaigner_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:56:03 -0700 (PDT)

hi cURL users/developers,

I would like to use cURL to quickly and efficiently
submit votes at freevote.com voting booths such as
this one http://www.freevote.com/booth/actresses2003

Here is the situation:

From another voting booth, I can see that a certain
individual/group (one person most likely) is able to
cast approximately 30000 votes in a 12 hour period. I
would like to duplicate or even surpass this effort
but I'm not sure how. Previously, I've been able to
amass votes with the help of keyboard/mouse macros
that automate the voting process. Using the program,
Quick Macros 1.3, I wrote a macro that 1) clicked two
times on a "Vote" button (actually, screen
coordinates), delayed 1.2-1.5 seconds and then looped
back to step 1. This loop ended by pressing a hotkey
F8 or with the Quick Macros program crashing (about
1/3 of the time). These macros at least gave my hands
a rest, but using these mouse clicking macros to
automate voting wasn't as fast as voting manually
(pressing the enter key over and over). Also, using
the macros disabled my computer for other purposes, as
it took away control of the mouse cursor and required
the voting booth window on screen to do the
clicking/voting.

I think that cURL has the potential to reach my voting
goals and allow me to work on other things on my comp
while I vote. however, there've been difficulties.
I've figured out how to POST the votes using cURL but
right now it's not very efficient compared to manual
voting/macors and generates errors.

Right now, I'm using the following instruction on a
command prompt: curl -m 3 -d
"voterIDForm=actresses2003&vote-19109119=Vote"
http://www.freevote.com/votingbooth?actresses2003

The result is either curl: (28) Operation timed out
with 0 out of -1 bytes received
or
curl: (7) Connect timeout on IP number 1

curl: (28) Operation timed out with 0 out of -1 bytes
received actually counts as a successful vote. What
I'm trying to do is to vote continuously instead of
retrieving the "Success! Your vote has been counted"
message. How can I accomplish this? How can
automatically repeat the curl -m 3 -d
"voterIDForm=actresses2003&vote-19109119=Vote"
http://www.freevote.com/votingbooth?actresses2003
instruction AND cut down the time to obtain successful
votes? The instruction currently requires a 2-3
second delay (-m 3) to get a successful vote. IF I
change it to -m 1 I'll get curl: (28) Connection
time-out which does NOT count as a successful vote.
Am I able to specify the delay (maximum time for
operation to complete) in milliseconds or some time
between one and two seconds such as 1.5 seconds?

Right now, I think if I can run multiple instances of
cURL with the instruction automatically repeated, I'd
be able to get more votes. Please help me find out
some ways to flood the vote server (freevote.com
actually designs some of their polls to allow users to
vote as many times as they want). Thanks!

-HTP