Transferring large files using curl

From: Steve Oliphant <steveo_at_novadigm.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 13:58:57 -0400

Hi:

We are using curl 7.10.3 on a Linux platform.

When we try to GET a file larger than 2^31 bytes (2147483648 bytes)
the transfer stops with an error stating that there are
(some large negative number) bytes remaining.

It appears we have exceeded the internal size variable which causes
curl to fail.

Also - when we put a large file (> 2 GB) using chunked encoding, the
transfer is successful but the printed statistics are incorrect and
contain negative numbers.

I have looked at the updates for 7.10.4 and 7.10.5 and I do not see any
mention of an update that would address this problem.

Any insite would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Steve Oliphant