Re: ANNOUNCE: curl and libcurl 7.10.5

From: Domenico Andreoli <cavok_at_filibusta.crema.unimi.it>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 14:15:57 +0200

doh! too late.... i was signaling a wish.

in debian bug #193630 [1] curl is asked to support urls in the form
"http://marmi:xxxxx@nexus.ihouse.unimelb.edu.au:8000/" in the http_proxy
environment variable.

cheers
cavok

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/193630

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 02:00:38PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> Curl and libcurl 7.10.5 is out! A bugfix release.
>
> Download from http://curl.haxx.se/download.html. As usual, allow some time
> before the popular binary archives are up-to-date with this release.
>
> Get curl from your favorite mirror by using this service:
> http://curl.haxx.se/latest.cgi
>
> Make sure the files haven't been tampered with by the time they land in your
> filesystem by using these MD5 sums:
>
> b4883c1fc97c036733047c31e7ef7225 curl-7.10.5.tar.gz
> cef8a0c26ca7f4ff6b844d9f69b533f1 curl-7.10.5.tar.bz2
> 1b3eafc62672010dab66593e762d397b curl-7.10.5.zip
>
> This release includes the following changes:
>
> o support for Content-Encoding: gzip was added
> o test cases modified to include server requirement in each test case file
> o CURLOPT_FTP_USE_EPRT was added, --disable-eprt with the tool
> o setting CURLOPT_ENCODING to "" automaticly enables all supported encodings
>
> This release includes the following bugfixes:
>
> o libcurl now calls the progress meter during slow ftp responses as well
> o a write loop resulting in badly updated progress meter was fixed
> o non-blocking sockets fix for PORT ftp downloads
> o CURLOPT_INTERFACE performance fix on Linux
> o EAGAIN-fix improves HPUX (at least) functionality
> o configure script fix for the writable argv check and cross-compiles
> o features more verbose error message when some OpenSSL read errors occur
> o improved ftp compliance with RFC1738, now performs individual CWD commands
> for each path part in the URL
> o cookie overhaul: fixed jarsaving, improved path treatment and stricter
> cookie receiving, adjusts to Hosts: headers
> o CURLINFO_CONNECT_TIME works with the multi interface too
> o curl_easy_setopt() now returns correct error codes
> o formposting .html files set Content-Type text/html now
> o curl reports a new huge and verbose error message on CA cert problems
> o libcurl now returns CURLE_SSL_CACERT on CA cert problems
> o chunked-transfer deflate downloads work
> o FTP-server responses to CWD are now more liberally treated
> o fixed url parsing when '?' is used after the host name without '/'.
> o curl -I on ftp files outputs the date with correct time zone (GMT)
> o curl -z now works for FTP files (CURLOPT_TIMECONDITION)
> o the default DEBUGFUNCTION outputs incoming headers as well
> o Content-Type extraction did wrong if there was no space after the colon
> o the MSVC project file was fixed
> o no longer installs the ca bundle when built --without-ssl
> o the boundary strings in formposts now look very similar to the ones IE
> uses
> o test suite runs on cygwin
>
> Other curl-related news since the previous public release:
>
> o Kjetil Jacobsen released pycurl-7.10.4
> http://pycurl.sourceforge.net/
>
> o Andr?s Garc?a released TclCurl 0.10.4
> http://personal1.iddeo.es/andresgarci/tclcurl/english/
>
> o Cris Bailiff released WWW::Curl 2.0 (now also available on CPAN)
> http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/perl/

> [...]

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://filibusta.crema.unimi.it/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936 4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50