Re: ECHO responses

From: Hans H. Anderson <me_at_hansanderson.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 10:29:10 -0500 (CDT)

Ralph,

The problem for the retries with authorize.net is that if authorize.net
gets the request and processes it, but we don't get a response, the next
retry is a "duplicate". I do retry, but almost always hit this wall.

The problem could be in many places, but since I noticed that
authorize.net doesn't seem to allow pings or traceroutes, I thought maybe
something in the Curl system was using ECHO packets to test for server
whereabouts in some cases. If not, then I'll look elsewhere.

Thanks for the response,

Hans