RE: FTP server issue in 7.10.4

From: Roth, Kevin P. <KPRoth_at_MAPLLC.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 16:22:09 -0500

One minor update - the box on which this was needed was running perl 5.8.0, built for cygwin. On my "older" build machine, running perl 5.6.1, this change is NOT necessary.

I seem to recall there are some I/O changes in 5.8.0, that would recognize it's running on windows and choose windows-ish line endings when `print`ing. There's an option to change IO modes back to the pre-5.8 behavior, but I'm not sure what that option is...

- Kevin