[ curl-Bugs-707643 ] Segmentation fault on .configure

From: SourceForge.net <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:01:53 -0800

Bugs item #707643, was opened at 2003-03-21 10:01
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100976&aid=707643&group_id=976

Category: compile or build problem
Group: crash

Initial Comment:
Hi, I'm trying to compile the cURL package (v7.10.3) for
the LRP (LEAF/Bering) project.

I'm using a debian SLINK environment they provide as
the base. When I try to do a ./configure it gives me a
segmentation fault.

I tracked the problem down to this line in both
./configure
and ./config.status
----./configure----
# Work around bugs in pre-3.0 UWIN ksh.
$as_unset ENV MAIL MAILPATH
-----------------------

The $as_unset command above causes the
segmentation fault for some reason. I commented it out
and the ./configure ran ok up the very end when it ran
the following line: 16453 in ./configure
$SHELL $CONFIG_STATUS $ac_config_status_args ||
ac_cs_success=false

I tracked down the exact same line above in
config.status (The as_unset line that is)
When I commented out that same line everything
seemed to work ok.

Thanks for all your help, I hope this may help others
having similar issues.