Re: curl-7.10.4-pre4

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:24:06 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Ralph Mitchell wrote:

> Test 100 runs a whole lot happier with a sleep(5) right after starting the
> ftpserver...

Ok, then it might work nicer with my recent fixes that first verifies that
the FTP server is responding nicely before it runs any tests on it.

> Test 401 fails with this in log/stderr401 (even with sleep(10) after starting
> ftpserver and ftpsserver):
>
> * About to connect() to 127.0.0.1:8821
> * Connected to 127.0.0.1 port 8821
> * SSL connection timeout
> * Closing connection #0
> curl: (28) SSL connection timeout

Does it fail with this? The test case is actually supposed to do exactly
this: "FTPS download with strict timeout and slow CWD". It is a test that the
timeout function works when working with a FTPS URL!

> and test 503 fails with this in log/stderr503:

This looks like either another problem with the test suite or a possible
libcurl problem.

If you got some more time to help out, then try filling the
tests/libtest/lib503.c source file with fprintf(stderr, "reach point 432\n");
style outputs so that we can figure out where/why it returns/exits from that
function.