Re: curl-7.10.4-pre4

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 18:29:58 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003, Ralph Mitchell wrote:

> Configure went fine, build went fine, tests failed miserably... Then I
> realised I didn't have perl installed... I guess configure noticed perl
> was missing, but didn't do much about it. Only a minor problem, and
> probably not a showstopper :)

Actually, no script does anything with the result from the check for perl.
This should be fixed, I agree. I added a note about this in the TODO just
now.

[ test failures ]

> At first, repeated runs of test 100 succeeded and failed on alternate runs,
> all without the "Killed" message. I'm not sure why the process is getting
> Killed. And now, trying it a few more times, I'm get the alternate
> fail/success again.

I hope my fixes mentioned in my response to Kevin should fix this.

> It seems like every time it fails, it leaves "perl -I. ./ftpserver.pl 8921"
> running. Could this just be a timing issue with ftpserver.pl starting up??

Yes, I very much believe so.

> Test 503 is always failing in the exact same way.

Hm. This looks odd. Can you run it with "./runtests.pl 503 -k -v -d" and then
show the 'log/stderr503' file after the test has run?

Thanks for your feedback!