RE: curl-7.10.4-pre4

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 18:20:40 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Roth, Kevin P. wrote:

> Thanks for trying the libtool upgrade. If you can give 1.5 a try when it's
> out and see what happens, I'll appreciate it!

I will certainly do that.

> Tests 500 and 503 by themselves are OK. 504 fails even by itself.
>
> $ ./runtests.pl -d -k -v 504
> test 504...[simple multi through local proxy without listener]
> ./libtest/lib504 http://127.0.0.1:8433/504 localhost:55555 \
> >log/stdout504 2>log/
> stderr504
> curl returned 0, 100 was expected
> error FAILED
>
> $ cat log/stderr504
> * About to connect() to localhost:55555
> not reached!
> * Closing connection #0

Hm, I think I need to look into this one a bit deeper. I may have made the
test code for 504 a bit too strict, but to get to know for sure, I need to
verify that the code actually works on cygwin. (It uses the multi interface
and connects to a local port without a listener.)

> This looks pretty normal to me, so I'm not sure what else to look at. But
> it does seem to only fail after running an FTP server...

I think (and hope) that the other problems are related to various
start-up-a-new-server problems, and I just had a walk-through in those parts
of the code and tried to make them more stable and reliable. Hopefully you
won't see those results with the next pre-release.

Thanks for your feedback!