Re: 7.10.3 breaks me

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:07:49 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, Moffet, Scott wrote:

> I have an application using CURL that has become broken since 7.10.3 came
> out. I have been running the same application successfully in 7.10.1 and
> 7.10.2.
>
> I have verified this problem building CURL from source in Linux. I have
> also verfied the same problem in Win32 using the binary distributions.

Then at least it isn't that platform dependent. I like that.

> The connection is an SSL post of a string of XML data. The curl command I
> use is:

> $rdata = `'$curlpath' -E '$keyfile' -k -m 90 -s -S -d '$xmlstg'
> '$hoststg'`;
>
> (yep, it's being called from perl, but straight command-line behavior is
> the same)

I need lots of more details. Preferably a whole script/application that
fails, so that we can setup a test case repeating the problem.

If you can write up a test case in the same style another test is using (see
the files tests/data/test*) it would be great, but if can't, just provide the
details we need and I'll try to do it.

> The server logs show that the HTTP headers are successfully recieved, but
> then the post data itself never gets through.
>
> Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong? or is this something in the latest
> release of curl? (maybe both?)

If it worked with 7.10.2 but fails with 7.10.3, then it certainly sounds like
a bug.

Can you also try the latest 7.10.4-pre release to make sure that it is also
failing there?