Re: Empty reply from server?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:12:12 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, MIYAZAKI Fumitoshi wrote:

> I'm using Linux2.4.16 + curl-7.10.3.
> curl from command line returns "Empty reply from server". Why?

It says "Empty reply from server" because (*tadaa*) the server didn't return
anything! And when talking HTTP(S), returning nothing at all is considered an
error.

When talking HTTPS, this usually means that the remote server didn't
acknowledge your connection, possibly due to a lack of certificate or so.

> If I try the same URL with Internet Explorer6.0, returns html not empty.

And you don't use/have a certificate there?