Re: url encode

From: Ralph Mitchell <rmitchell_at_eds.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 00:32:38 -0600

I just threw together a PHP script to receive an encoded string and write
it to a file, to see what came through - it came through just fine. By the
time the script got the value it had already been decoded correctly.

I've got Apache-1.3.27, PHP-4.2.3, curl-7.10.3, posting the url via a
browser and via curl, with the same results both times.

If you can alter the somewhere.php script, try adding something into it to
write out the value it receives. For example:

    $fp = fopen ("/tmp/url.out", "w");
    fwrite ($fp, $url);
    fclose ($fp);

Also try it via a simple html form:

    <form action=somewhere.php method=post>
    <input type=text name=url>
    <input type=submit>
    </form>

See if both the form submit and the curl submit come out with the same
result.

Ralph Mitchell