Re: Help out autobuilding curl on multiple platforms!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 14:43:09 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Andy Cedilnik wrote:

> Have you considered Dart (http://public.kitware.com/Dart). It does the
> collection of results to the central web site, where you can go through,
> see compile warnings and errors for different platforms, and see runtime
> results. It also supports gcc style coverage and purify/valgrind memory
> problems detection.

Thanks a lot for your offer, but since I already have this much setup I
prefer to stay on this road. This approach has multiple benefits:

* We are compiler agnostic and should work on basicly *ALL* unix flavours.
  (Actually, if we don't I consider it a build environment bug we should
  fix.)

* This performs the tests and everything especially hand-made and customized
  for curl.

* The status page will be on the curl site, for curl developers getting our
  custom information.

* I think its fun! ;-)

But, I wouldn't mind if you would volounteer to run this on your exotic unix
machines!