RE: _WinMain@16 link error on cygwin

From: Roth, Kevin P. <KPRoth_at_MarathonOil.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 07:26:27 -0500

My libtool version lists itself as "1.4e". Not sure what that means exactly. But does my installed copy of libtool play into this at all? I thought the generated libtool, created during the configure step, came completely from files local to the curl tarball (aclocal.m4, config.guess and ltmain.sh?)

I'm curious - if I mailed you my copy of the aclocal files, could you try using that on your machine to run through the rest of the autotools (-header, -make, -conf) and then see if it builds OK? If it did, I'd be willing to "rebuild" aclocal for you each time for a while, until whatever this is straightens itself out.

I'll probably also pass this along (with some of your comments) to the cygwin mailing list to see if any kind soul over there can make heads or tails of it.

--Kevin