Re: _WinMain@16 link error on cygwin

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:25:52 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Roth, Kevin P. wrote:

> What version of aclocal do you use when building release tarballs for curl?

This package is made with automake / aclocal 1.7.2 and autoconf / autoheader
2.57.

> After digging a bit today, I finally found the minimal solution needed on
> my build system for cygwin compatibility. I had to rerun aclocal and
> autoconf, to recreate configure and aclocal.m4 (which in turn permits
> libtool to be recreated).
>
> (If you'll recall, I started getting an error during building, unless I
> first did a ./reconf, after you updated to newer autotools...)

I remember. I thought that the problem was related to something in automake
1.7 so when I noticed they had done two patch releases to that, I took the
step up to 1.7.2 and I hoped things would work for you...

> I'm using "aclocal (GNU automake) 1.7.2". I think it's not been customized
> much (if at all) by the cygwin crew when they packaged it.
>
> Could you take a quick look at the notes below, and consider whether
> updating your copy of automake/aclocal may help fix the problem, or whether
> I'm going to have to continue re-confing the cygwin builds?

AFAIK, I'm running with the latest right now. There's a newer libtool out
though, I use 1.4.2 and there's a 1.4.3 released.

What libtool are you using?