RE: https://banking.wellsfargo.com project

From: G G <gustavorsm_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 02:03:07 -0800 (PST)

Wouldn't it be nice if I were able to pay my bills in a totally automated way from my home PC via my bank's website? I think a tool like curl would allow me to do that. But not being experienced programming for curl, I need the guidance of the curl gurus to get where I want to be.My first hurdle is the following: All my credit card web links and my Wells Fargo account have an initial account number /password form which can easily be filled using POST form fill-ins. But right after submitting this first form, a SESSION gets created. Is there a way to grab this session super-long string, so I can keep using it for subsequent maneuvering inside the deeper reaches of the website? I don't think this session string should be confused with a cookie. Could you give me a concrete example, please, of an analogous situation that requires session management for subsequent requests. Perhaps I haven't done enough reading yet and the answer is in some FAQ elsewhere in the documentation!
, so, being a newbie here, I ask understanding and patience from you, the enlightened, experienced crowd. Thanks.Gustavo -