Re: Getting the right frame output

From: Marty Kuhrt <marty_at_Barra.COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:23:33 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Marty Kuhrt wrote:
>
> > I've been reading through the cURL documentation, and looked through the
> > mailing list archives, but I haven't seen what I'm looking for. It might
> > be that I'm not looking in the right place, or this problem has not been
> > addressed, or I'm just not doing it right.
> >
> > My problem is this. When I POST data to a webserver that normally puts
> > output to multiple frames, I'm not getting a consistent return from the
> > server. Sometimes I'll get the output destined for one frame, sometimes
> > I'll get the output that is targeted for a different frame. What I would
> > like is all the output to all the frames, or at least a consistent output.
> >
> > Is there something I can set to say when I POST to the server "give me the
> > output to all frames" or "give me the output for frame x.y.z"?
>
> Sorry, there is nothing in the HTTP protocol that defines this. You're
> talking about HTML stuff that just is beyond the control of what curl can do
> anything about.
>
> I think you need to make really sure that you do the proper post exactly as
> the HTML form on the original site hints you about.

When a single POST updates multiple frames, where does all the
output go? Is the browser doing something behind the scenes that
I wouldn't be able to duplicate with cURL? I seem to only be
getting the output from one, seemingly randomly selected, frame
update when I POST via cURL.

Thanks for any information you can impart,
Marty