Re: problem with POST on Redirecting!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 15:22:38 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Sanjeev wrote:

> I've Upgraded to curl.7.10.3-pre1 and THE SEGFAULT with -v is GONE!

Nice. There's even a -pre2 uploaded now! ;-)

> I have Attached 3 files to this mail::

[those were not included in the mail that reached the list]

If you want to succeed with this, this is my advice on how to proceed:

1. Record a full session with a network analyzer when you do this with your
   browser. You should see a bunch of HTTP requests and replies.

2. Based on the recording, you make sure you repeat the operations as closely
   as possible using curl.

If you still want our help, you need to take this issue one step back and:

1. Keep everything on this list, not to my personal email. I am not a private
   support person. (Unless you feel like paying for my help.)

2. Show us the HTML of the form you're trying to automaticly login to. I very
   much suspect you have ignored some hidden input fields or similar.

3. Don't assume we understand what you're saying without clearly detailing
   what you do, on what URL, what it does, what you thought it would do etc.