Re: Newbie bytes/sec question

From: <bragiba_at_simi.is>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 18:41:11 +0000

That´s what I figured.   I am little bummed out because of this.  My plan was basically to do the following:

1. Download a page like CNN.com

2. Parse it and download all frame documents and images.

3. While doing this I wanted to save the page to disk such that I could periodically check that what had been downloaded was complete.

During all the downloads I wanted to collect speed data that I am getting per download and record that into a database for benchmarking purposes

in our GPRS system.

Looks like I just have to skip the writing to disk data and just stick with downloading stuff and just blowing it away.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do benchmarking like the one I am intending.

Með kveðju/Best Regards
Bragi Baldursson
GPRS Kerfisverkfræðingur/GPRS Systems Engineer
Sími/Tel.: +354 550 63 08 mailto:bragiba@siminn.is
Fax: +354 550 63 39 www:http://www.siminn.is
Gsm: +354 892 63 08

- Síminn auðveldar samskipti -

Daniel Stenberg <daniel@haxx.se>
Sent by: curl-users-admin@lists.sourceforge.net
27.11.2002 18:58 CET
Please respond to curl-users

cc:
bcc:
Subject: Re: Newbie bytes/sec question

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 bragiba@simi.is wrote:

> I am using pycurl to benchmark by downloading a website.  I save the
> webiste on my local machine just for reference and to make sure that it
> looks ok.  My question is does the reported data speed SPEED_DOWNLOAD get
> effected by the write taking place in the WRITEFUNCTION callback command?

SPEED_DOWNLOAD is the amount of bytes downloaded / total time its taken.

> Or is the bytes/sec reported just the pure download socket speed?

Nope. Everything will be taken into account. If you have a slow callback,
that might delay the download, yes.