[ curl-Bugs-644841 ] -m switch broken with ftp

From: <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 09:32:16 -0800

Bugs item #644841, was opened at 2002-11-27 09:32
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100976&aid=644841&group_id=976

Category: ftp
Group: bad behaviour

Initial Comment:
I'm using the latest curl version 7.10.2 on a Debian
stable system. When retrieving files using

    curl -i -g -L -O -m 300 -A "foo" "ftp://.../bar"

curl very often returns with status

    curl: (28) Connection aborted

RIGHT AFTER I issue the command. In other words,
despite the -m switch, the connection does not time out
after 5 mins but immediately. This also happens in
version 7.9.5. It might be possible that the ftp server
refuses the connection, but then the status message is
incorrect.

If you need additional information, please contact me
at <expires-31-03-2002_at_endlos.net>.

Ralph