Segmentation fault when running 'configure'

From: John Almberg <jalmberg_at_identry.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:07:19 -0500

I'm trying to compile curl on a Linux box, but get a segmentation fault
running configure.

I've got the curl-7.10.2 distribution. The target is a shared webserver
running Linux. I need to install it in my own directory, so I believe I
need to run configure like this:

./configure --prefix=/home/mydir/curl --with-ssl

However, no matter what I do, I always get a segmentation fault.

Any ideas???

-- John