Re: Problem with FTP data connection

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 16:29:38 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Clark, Eugene wrote:

> RH 7.3
>
> The curl RPM that comes with the distro is 7.9.5-2. During system install
> I removed the openssl RPM and built new libraries from source.
>
> Problem Details:
> The data connect failed with exit code 7 during passive transfer.
> Running it in verbose mode revealed that the control connection
> functioned properly. When I ran it using tcpdump, I noticed that
> curl never attempted to initiate the data connection.
>
> Removing the RPM and building curl-7.10.2 from source solved the problem.

I'm not quite sure what you want me/us to do with this information! ;-)

So, you could get a problem when you used 7.9.5 that doesn't happen when you
build 7.10.2 from source. Unless you experience problems with the most recent
version, I think we're better off just ignoring the weirdnesses and think of
them as fixed since then.

IMHO.