Problem with FTP data connection

From: Clark, Eugene <Eugene.Clark_at_bestsoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 13:06:22 -0500

I'm not sure if this is a bug or an incompatability.

System info:
 Dell PowerEdge 1650
 Dual PIII
 RH 7.3
 Kernel 2.4.18-17.7.xcustom
 Glibc-2.2.5-42

The curl RPM that comes with the distro is 7.9.5-2. During system install
I removed the openssl RPM and built new libraries from source.

Problem Details:
The data connect failed with exit code 7 during passive transfer.
Running it in verbose mode revealed that the control connection
functioned properly. When I ran it using tcpdump, I noticed that
curl never attempted to initiate the data connection.

Removing the RPM and building curl-7.10.2 from source solved the problem.

Eugene Clark
Software Engineer
Best Software SPD