Re: SSL HTTPS use option of curl

From: Yuping He <yuping.he_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 15:19:35 +0100 (MET)

> On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>
> > which option and how can I use this for the uploading with HTTPS?

> The exact same option you use for plain HTTP.
i.e. all option for HTTP are automatically available also for HTTPS, when
 e.g. the curl-7.10-win32-ssl has been installed?
I have installed the curl-7.10-win32-ssl and copied the libssl32.dll and
libeay32.dll into the winnt-path (where the curl.exe exist too) started the
curl.exe and then executed the following upload command as test for the HTTP
(not HTTPS):
c:\>curl -T data.html http://200.1.1.22/upload/
It was faultless. And I have tested that the forwarded data has been not
ciphered as I have thought.
But actually I want to secure forward data to web-server with cipher . I
don't know how can I use curl with HTTPS for the secure forwarding data to
server (upload)?

> > I have only found the option -E for the getting file (download) but I
>> need the put function from client to server.
>
> No, -E is for the client certificate and that may be used identically for
> both download and upload.
How can I do upload with HTTPS? In docs has been only the following example
for the get file :

curl -E /path/to/cert.pem:password https://secure.site.com/

(for retrieving a document using a certificate with
  a personal password)

> Try reading the docs for more info.
which? manual, todo, tutorial ..?

What makes ca-bundle.crt?