Re: zlib probs (was: Re: ANNOUNCE: curl and libcurl 7.10.1)

From: Bjorn Wiren <bjorn.wiren_at_ericsson.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:27:02 +0200

Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> writes:

> On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Bjorn Wiren wrote:
>
>> configure:10603: checking for zlib.h configure:10613: cc -E
>> -I/home/etxbwir/openssl/include/openssl -I/home/etxbwir/openssl/include
>> conftest.c
>
>> "configure", line 10610: cannot find include file: <zlib.h>
>> cc: acomp failed for conftest.c
>> configure:10619: $? = 2
>> configure: failed program was:
>> #line 10609 "configure"
>> #include "confdefs.h"
>> #include <zlib.h>
>> configure:10638: result: no
>>
>> So it seems `configure' misses to pick up the zlib path from the
>> command line. "egrep 'cc .*zlib' config.log" yields no hit at all.
>
> Check the log just a couple of lines above this zlib.h check, and you'll find
> the "checking for inflateEnd in -lz". I suspect configure found zlib in your
> default path and thus it didn't try the custom path you passed to it...

That's it! When things didn't work I had a "yes" at the "inflateEnd"
test. After making sure no libz could be found through LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
it all worked without any extra tweaking.

I suppose you shouldn't make any rigid assumptions on where zlib.h is
once libz has been found.

Cheers

--
Björn Wirén