Re: Beaten by cahoot.com

From: <rmitchell_at_eds.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 03:03:12 -0500

It is absolutely repeatable. I have a script that gets the same result every
time:

    #!/usr/bin/ksh
    rm cahoot.cookies
    curl -v -i -b cahoot.cookies -c cahoot.cookies..........
    curl -v -i -b cahoot.cookies -c cahoot.cookies..........

The first curl always gets the error page, the second always gets the login
page.

I'm fairly sure the page isn't being cached by the corporate proxy, either,
because right down at the bottom there's a hidden input field called sec_id
with an ever-changing value.

Curl 7.10.1/openssl-0.9.6g on Gentoo Linux, kernel 2.4.19. Compaq Deskpro,
500MHz P3

Ralph Mitchell