problem with curl FTP download from MVS host

From: <cla_at_oerag.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 16:41:31 +0200

Hi *,

I just used curl for the very first time (great
tool BTW) so this may well be a newbie question,
I don't know. Here it is:

On AIX 4.3 I just tested the version

  curl 7.10 (powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.2.0) libcurl/7.10 zlib/1.1.4

and wanted to upload and download files from/to an MVS host.

For upload I can specify the --crlf parameter in order to have
proper LF translation, but for download this parameter can be
specified, yet I receive CRLFs instead of LFs.

I understand from the manual and --help text that crlf is intended
for upload only, but am just guessing now why this is not working
(and BTW not recected !) on download operations. Right from reading
the help texts I assumed that using this option would possibly just
not be necessary, and it likely would just be handled in a correct
way automatically, but now my tests revealed the opposite.

Have I missed something ?
Does anybody have similar problems ?
Somebody with hints for curl when used to download from MVS host ?

Or should I even pass that as a request to the developers ?

Any help greatly appreciated, thank you very much in advance !

With kindest regards, Christian Langanke