RE: cURL Performances

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:02:34 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Guy Chemla wrote:

> OK, We will try to recompile in blocking mode and will update you.
> A little help:
> In what source file is the concerned code?

The function Curl_nonblock() is what's used to set a specific socket in
non-blocking mode. See lib/connect.c:101

You can make a curl build without non-blocking sockets by running configure
like this:

 ./configure --disable-nonblocking

> How do you tell the compiler for which platform it should compile?

You run the configure script, it figures it all out.

> May get back to you if we are in troubles; before you leave us :) If we
> don't, have wonderful vacation!

Heh, well if you just post to the list, I will reply if I have time before I
leave, otherwise someone else will have to do it or wait for my return.

I don't think figuring this bottleneck out is gonna be a quick nor easy
operation, but very valuable to a lot of people once corrected.

--
    Daniel Stenberg -- I'll be away for a month, starting tomorrow