How To Keep Daniel Happy While Absent

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 11:05:21 +0200 (MET DST)

I've said it before. I take off on vacation, starting soon (less than 70
hours). A few requests on my behalf:

If You Know Things
  Please answer to questions posted to the mailing list. I know I ruin most
  people's opportunities many times, but now you won't be bothered by me for
  while.

  Also, please stop by in the feedback forum at times and see if you can
  reply to any questions posted there: http://curl.haxx.se/feedback/

  If bug reports are reported, respond to them and if possible close them
  when/if the bugs are fixed.

If You Don't Know Things
  Post your questions to a mailing list. Please do not mail me privately.
  Lots of other people most likely already know the answer to the question(s)
  you have. Even if you feel you must "speak" to me in person, wait until I
  get back before you mail. I get an excessive amount of emails already.

If You Are List Admin or Similar
  Please check administrative tasks and acknowledge/discard mails from non-
  subscribers etc when needed. Please verify now that you still remember the
  passwords and similar.

If You Have CVS Commit Access
  Feel free to update the www/_news.html file at times if you know about curl
  related news. My absense won't stop things from happening, and the site is
  a good place to show news that is curl-related. (WWW changes appear
  automaticly after commits on the main site and the sourceforge mirror
  site.) Sure, editing other pages is perfectly fine too of course.

If Anything Out Of The Ordinary Happens

  To the web site, to the mail lists or whatever. If the mailing lists are
  alive, mention it there. If they are dead, sit back and relax. Enjoy
  something else. Wait. Be positive that somone will check into the problem
  rather soon. Yeah, it's all magic! ;-)