Re: cURL hangs on ftp upload in cygwin version

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 21:33:28 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 17 May 2002, Dennis George wrote:

> I had the opportunity to try my cURL with another FTP server, out on the
> net - with the same result. It hangs. This applies to the binary as well
> as the source distribution.

So this happens basicly on all FTP servers you try curl on?

> Has anyone else used the cygwin version (7.9.7) with Win98 (1st edition)?
> Kevin Roth has tried it with NT4, W2K, and WinXP and it worked fine.

Have you tried the plain win32 version outside the cygwin environment?

> For those with knowledge of the iternals of cURL, any ideas on how to
> diagnose the problem, perhaps with GDB?

Set a break-point in the function Curl_ftp_done(), and if it gets there,
single step from that point and forwards to see what happens.

Use a network analyzer too, to see if the data actually arrives at your host.

Hundreds of nodes, one monster rendering program.
Now that's a super model! Visit http://clustering.foundries.sf.net/