Re: HTTPS POST Upload with COM objects???

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 14:18:20 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 15 May 2002, srecko wrote:

(I cc'ed my reply to the libcurl mailing list since this seems to be a
library issue more than anything else.)

> I'm having problems with uploading within COM object. I have exactly the
> same procedure as in EXE file, which is working just fine (i.e. it uploads
> file and retry the HTML page). Anyone has this problem?

Hm, this is not really targeted for you personally here Srecko, but I'm
seeing a development in a direction that your mail brought up that I address
in my reply here.

When I browse http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/, I can count to more than a dozen
different bindings for libcurl. I find it most thrilling to see the growth
and the ever increasing deployment of libcurl all over. (Not to mention that
it gives me an ego boost too.)

This has the unfortunate "downside" that we also have more than a dozen ways
of using libcurl.

Therefore, when reporting problems we need to get to the details, to the
common denominators. What versions, what operating system, what happens, what
doesn't happen, show us protocol dumps, show us server logs, tell us how the
browsers behave etc.

You mention COM objects and the curlpp source code. I've never even seen a
libcurl-using program like that before. (That's not unusual, as I've
personally used very few of the libcurl bindings.) I have no idea at all if
you used the interface right or wrong. I trust you took this to the binding
author/group first...

Had you submitted a protocol dump or something, showing the formpost, I
could've helped out to see if that looked good or bad and thus helped out in
spite of my cluelessness when it comes to this particular libcurl binding.

the hardware. You get the recognition. Email Us: bandwidth_at_sourceforge.net