Re: PHP, Curl & IIS

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 09:05:51 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 15 May 2002, David Withnall wrote:

(I've crossposted this reply over to the curl and php list, as it seemed like
a mor suitable list for PHP-related curl problems.)

> I found the dll I was after and have it on the server now. however when I
> try to run things I get the following error
>
> PHP Warning: Unable to load dynamic library './php_curl.dll' - The
> operating system cannot run %1. in Unknown on line 0
>
> this is using the simple php get method on the curl site (below)
> Does anyone have any clue as to what I'm doing wrong?

The curl support for PHP on windows have always puzzled me and I've never
understood why people have problems with it, how people solve it, why some
people seem to solve it without letting others know or what the heck I could
do to make it easier for anyone in the future.

I am not a windows user. I do however want curl and curl-related support to
get as widespread as possible, without regard to particular platforms.

So, I'm afraid that this reply doesn't offer a single advice.

> <?php
> //
> // A very simple example that gets a HTTP page.
> //
>
> $ch = curl_init();
>
> curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_URL, "http://www.google.com");
> curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
>
> curl_exec ($ch);
>
> curl_close ($ch);
> ?>

the hardware. You get the recognition. Email Us: bandwidth_at_sourceforge.net