Re: Upgrade

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 15:17:44 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Warrick FitzGerald wrote:

> and would like to upgrade to curl-7.9.6. Once I have uncompressed the tar
> file I run
>
> make
> make install
>
> but once complete I run curl --version and I still see curl 7.8.

This is probably because the Redhat you installed originally put curl in
/usr/bin/curl while the 'make install' you made put curl in
/usr/local/bin/curl.

And since you have /usr/bin before /usr/local/bin in your $PATH, you will
still see the former curl installation!

You can solve this in three ways:

 1. Re-install over the existing:

    ./configure --prefix=/usr
    make clean
    make
    make install

 2. Change your PATH to have /usr/local/bin before /usr/bin

 3. Remove (or rename) curl from /usr/bin.

the hardware. You get the recognition. Email Us: bandwidth_at_sourceforge.net