Re: HTTP-PUT with Chunked Xfer encoding?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 08:54:18 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 6 May 2002, Leonard E. Marinis wrote:

> After a cursory look through the mailing list archives, I've found a couple
> emails that say Chunked Transfer-Encoding support is still needed in order
> to support HTTP-PUT's of files with a stdin source.

That's true. It is also mentioned in the TODO file. I once wrote down some
jots about it here: http://curl.haxx.se/dev/HTTP-PUT-stdin.txt

> Is anyone working on this?

No one has expressed any such intentions in public. At least not that I know
of.

> If not, does anybody have a ball-park guess of how much development time
> would be needed to add this support?

It wouldn't take very much (an exact estimate is of course very hard since
it'll differ from person to person based on experience and knowledge about
libcurl internals and protocol details etc). I figure the most important part
would be to bail out gracefully in case the remote server doesn't support
it...

I would be willing to assist and help out!

the hardware. You get the recognition. Email Us: bandwidth_at_sourceforge.net