RE: latest windows binaries for curl

From: Roth, Kevin P. <KPRoth_at_MarathonOil.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 11:28:34 -0400

Thanks for writing. Here's what you need to know:

To download the source the easiest way possible, use Cygwin's setup.exe program. Expand the tree labeled "Web" (at the bottom) and put a checkmark in the box next to "Curl" in the column labeled "Src?". Then click Next to perform the download. This will download the source code, and expand it inside the folder "/usr/src/curl-7.9.6-1".

If you need to expand it yourself, make sure you've downloaded the bzip2 program (it's under the Utils tree). Then, use the command `bunzip2 curl-7.9.6-1-src-cygwin.tar.bz2` to un-bzip it, followed by your normal tar command `tar xf curl-7.9.6-1-src-cygwin.tar`.

For compilation notes, see the file /usr/doc/Cygwin/curl-7.9.6-1.README for my notes on how to compile it (very straightforward).

Thanks,
--Kevin