Re: why sometimes I get Error code 52 with the same script?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:22:10 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Juan wrote:

> Thanks for your generous help. After some investigation, we found when curl
> returns error code 52, it is because Apache server gets seg fault. It
> seems not to be a problem with curl 7.9.5 either because I installed
> another curl 7.9.5 on my own PC (linux) and I run it to call the same web
> page and so far it works fine.

Of course, curl can *never* be to blame for a crash in the server end. The
server should survive, no matter what curl decides to do.

> Somehow I suspect it has sth to do with the libarary because we downloaded
> the pure source code, and recompiled it. The problem is really tricky. We
> will have some debug on it later and hope that will shed some light.

If the server crashes, you should go looking for bugs in that not in libcurl.
Not saying libcurl doesn't have its share of bugs too.

Or am I missing something? Why makes you think this identifies a problem in
libcurl?