Re: SSL Problems

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:11:25 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Paul Harrington wrote:

> Not sure if this is related to my curl/libssl version but just in
> case somebody has seen this before.

Hm, it can also be related to the OpenSSL version. Not seen this before.

> * Follow to new URL: https://www.egg.com/banking/youraccounts
> * Closing connection #0
> * Follows Location: to new URL: 'https://www.egg.com/banking/youraccounts'
> * Disables POST, goes with GET
> * SSL re-using session ID
> * Closing connection #0

> curl: (35) SSL: error:140920C5:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_HELLO:old
> session cipher not returned

Hm. It looks as if there's a problem with the re-used session ID or
something.

> Changing to SSL2 gives:
>
> curl: (35) SSL: error:1406D0D9:SSL routines:GET_SERVER_HELLO:reuse
> cert type not zero

Uh, that didn't help much! ;-(

> In the mean time I'm going to upgrade curl/libcurl and move to the
> new mailing list!

Please do.

(This mail was posted to the new list as well, since the old mailing list
address currently makes the mails get posted on both lists. It will soon be
modified to only post to the new list, even when the old address is used.)