*ALERT* this list is moving

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 08:43:42 +0100 (MET)

What
====
 The mailing list currently hosted by contactor.se, sometimes referred to as
the curl-main mailing list (curl_at_contactor.se) is being moved.

 The replacement list is hosted by sourceforge. Read on below to find
instructions on how to join the new list.

 There is currently 176 subscribers of the curl-main mailing list.

When
====
 Now! The new list is already setup. Please stop posting to the old list. Go
 join the new list!

Why
===
 There are many reasons for this, the most significant ones are:

 o Faster operation. The current list is very slow for the last people in the
   subscriber list, and moving the list let me just ignore this problem
   instead of having to figure out why this happens.

 o Decentralized admining. Björn Stenberg and Linus Nielsen Feltzing have
   both agreed to co-admin the new list, and thanks to its web based system
   we can all cooperate nicely for all users benefit. This old list is
   too focused on me alone for admining.

 o Spam. The amount of spam to the old list has increased and with the new
   system we can easier set up rules to better prevent spams to get through.

 o Mailman instead of majordomo. It has some benefits, feature-wise.

How
===
 There WILL NOT be any automatic transfers of people onto the new list.
 You need to subscribe yourselves on this web page:

 If you need help to subscribe, mail curl-users-admin_at_lists.sourceforge.net

 You need to unsubscribe yourself from the old list (mail "unsubscribe
 [your email address]" in the body of a mail addressed to
 curl-request_at_contactor.se).

 If you need help to unsubscribe, mail owner-curl_at_contactor.se

 People that don't unsubscribe from the old list will get notified about the
 mailing list transfer. I plan to post it to the old list about once a week
 for several weeks ahead and then I'll remove the whole list of subscribers.

Posts
=====
 People that attempt to subscribe to the old list will get notified about the
 new list and the new place where to subscribe to it.

 Posts to the old list will soon be redirected to the new list too. The
 currently used address will become an alias for the new list during a
 transfer period.