Re: SSL_connect missing

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 08:57:12 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Hank Marquardt wrote:

> > Please have a look in config.log to see what really failed. (search for
> > SSL_connect)
>
> duh. Sorry --
>
> configure:10056: checking for SSL_connect in -lssl
> configure:10083: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/usr/local/home/cheer/include/openssl -I/usr/local/home/cheer/include -L/usr/local/home/cheer/lib conftest.c -lssl -lcrypto >&5
> /usr/local/home/cheer/lib/libcrypto.a(a_utctm.o): In function `ASN1_UTCTIME_set':
> a_utctm.o(.text+0x356): undefined reference to `gmtime_r'

There's a problem with your libcrypto installation as you can see here. It
tries to use the gmtime_r function, but you don't seem to have one. I don't
understand how you could build OpenSSL to become like this.

You haven't been able to build anything with this OpenSSL installation, have
you?

I suggest you get a clean OpenSSL package, re-configure it, re-build it and
re-install it. Then try the curl configure again.