Re: SSL_connect missing

From: Götz Babin-Ebell <babinebell_at_trustcenter.de>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 21:56:45 +0100

Hank Marquardt wrote:

> I'm trying to get a local build of cURL running ... I've build a local
> copy of OpenSSL and it seems to be fine, but the config for cURL can't
> find SSL_connect, it builds but has no ssl support. Here's the relavant
> lines from the config session:
>
> checking for CRYPTO_lock in -lcrypto... yes
> checking for CRYPTO_add_lock in -lcrypto... yes
> checking for SSL_connect in -lssl... no
> checking for ssl with RSAglue/rsaref libs in use... checking for SSL_connect in -lssl... (cached) no
> no
> checking for openssl/x509.h... yes
> checking for openssl/rsa.h... yes
> checking for openssl/crypto.h... yes
> checking for openssl/pem.h... yes
> checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes
> checking for openssl/err.h... yes
> checking for openssl/engine.h... no
>
> The whole config session is here:

Please have a look in config.log to see what really failed.
(search for SSL_connect)

> http://www.cheerhq.com/saveout.txt

the configure command line is missing...

> I've played with the different directives from the FAQ without success;
> I can't explain the RSAglue lib being 'in use' ... it's a local build in
> the /home/user directory tree it's not in use. I also see the engine.h
> failing ... should I have grabbed the 'engine' version of OpenSSL?

Engine support is optional.
If you don't want to build with engine support, you don't need it.

Bye

Goetz

--
Goetz Babin-Ebell, TC TrustCenter AG, http://www.trustcenter.de
Sonninstr. 24-28, 20097 Hamburg, Germany