SSL_connect missing

From: Hank Marquardt <hmarq_at_yerpso.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 14:12:43 -0600

I'm trying to get a local build of cURL running ... I've build a local
copy of OpenSSL and it seems to be fine, but the config for cURL can't
find SSL_connect, it builds but has no ssl support. Here's the relavant
lines from the config session:

checking for CRYPTO_lock in -lcrypto... yes
checking for CRYPTO_add_lock in -lcrypto... yes
checking for SSL_connect in -lssl... no
checking for ssl with RSAglue/rsaref libs in use... checking for SSL_connect in -lssl... (cached) no
no
checking for openssl/x509.h... yes
checking for openssl/rsa.h... yes
checking for openssl/crypto.h... yes
checking for openssl/pem.h... yes
checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes
checking for openssl/err.h... yes
checking for openssl/engine.h... no

The whole config session is here:

http://www.cheerhq.com/saveout.txt

I've played with the different directives from the FAQ without success;
I can't explain the RSAglue lib being 'in use' ... it's a local build in
the /home/user directory tree it's not in use. I also see the engine.h
failing ... should I have grabbed the 'engine' version of OpenSSL?

OS is FBSD3.0 RELEASE, patched as needed (and an ISP's box so I can't do
any rooting should that be needed)

Thoughts, directives, links, FAQs all welcome.

--
Hank Marquardt <hank_at_yerpso.net>
http://web.yerpso.net