rfc1867 and development

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:33:41 +0100 (MET)

Hey friends!

When we formpost a file with curl, it uses text/plain as Content-Type for
unknown(*) contents (I believe this was the choice due to some wording in the
RFC). I believe this might be wrong. It feels wrong. Shouldn't we instead
make it use application/octet-stream ? (That is what Mozilla seems to do.)
Netscape doesn't set any Content-Type at all it seems, at least not the 4.76
version I just tried.

Regarding the possibility of a release soon, I've yet again started to jot
down the current development/release situation in the dev directory:

        http://curl.haxx.se/dev/right-now.txt

To summarize: there are *three* bugs I want sorted out before release. Two of
them are reported on hardware I don't possess. One of them might be related
to the question above.

(*) = unknown meaning not using one of the few file extensions libcurl knows
      about.