Re: Bugs with cookies

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 00:13:53 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Clay Loveless wrote:

> The behavior is consistant when reading cookies back from an SSL post to an
> AOL server running Netscape-Enterprise/4.1. I haven't been able to
> re-create the problems when running on my Apache/PHP setup.

Well, cookies are usually controlled by the script/application/program that
runs on the server rather than the server software itself.

That's also why they sometimes are abused to terribly.

> Maybe this is a false alarm ... Or perhaps something so obscure that it's
> not likely to be a problem for anyone else.

I thought I was rather clear in my previous mails, but let me repeat myself a
bit: one of your problems have been fixed (the way I suggested in my first
reply), one of them I'm not quite sure what the correct treatment is and I
was hoping for someone to comment on that and one of them I couldn't repeat.

The cookie parser is not ancient old rock solid code. Heck, when I tried a
few tests on it after your first mail, I had it crash on me. So I added test
case 31, I fixed the crash and a few other minor things in the parser.

> At any rate, the app I'm building needs to deal with the inconsistencies
> I'm seeing in this particular environment, and doesn't need to be portable
> ... So, I guess I'll start hacking away.

It would help if you would record what your browser does and then tell us
what curl does, and what changes in behavior you think we should make.

Of course, if you would fix the problem and post a patch I'll be very
grateful too! ;-)

> As I continue on with this project, I'll keep the list posted if I come
> across anything that clarifies these issues further.

Please do. Fixing bugs is always the top priority on my list of things to do
in curl.

Good luck!