[ curl-Bugs-523174 ] dbcs characters

From: <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:43:08 -0800

Bugs item #523174, was opened at 2002-02-26 14:43
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100976&aid=523174&group_id=976

Category: ftp
Group: wrong behaviour

Initial Comment:

Hopefully more of a question about the ordering of FTP
options vs. quote commands, rather than a problem.

I'm using the libcurl C api.

In my particular scenario I&#8217;m trying to download (ftp)
ascii files that contains DBCS characters. To do so,
I need to issue the command(s)
quote mode s
quote type b 1

Since the options (i.e. CURLOPT_TRANSFERTEXT ) are
sent &#8216;after&#8217; the quote command(s), the characters do
not show up correctly.

I can reproduce this using regular ftp.
If I:
>asc
>quote mode s
>quote type b 1
> get mydbcs.file
All is well

If I;
>quote mode s
>quote type b 1
>asc
>get mydbcs.file
My dbcs characters will not be proper.

Is it currently possible to have quote commands issued
after the options are set, and obviously prior to the
ftp?