Re: libcurl Perl problem?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:59:08 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Georg Horn wrote:

> I'm asking myself, why there are different lists at all... Curl basically
> is libcurl, with a main.c that parses some commandline args wrapped around
> it...

Indeed it is, and what goes on which list is a bit blurry and inconsistent.

Still, we have (right now) 169 subscribers on the main curl list that are
mainly interested in the command line tool and general project stuff and we
have 154 subscribers of the libcurl list that are mainly interested in the
libcurl library and related issues.

The seperated lists are for the readers' convenience, to decrease the amount
of mails that they are not interested in.

In fact, I consider both these lists rather busy, so I think the separation
is to the benefit of all of us. Well, not to me perhaps, but to all of those
who only read one of the lists.

That's also why we try to keep the PHP-related curl chat in a separate list,
and as soon as we get more sub groups that get big or busy enough I will not
hesitate to start more lists to those.